There are a number of changes coming into effect today, as a result of the Companies Act 2006, some of the main ones are listed below:
- Deadline for filing accounts at Companies house is now 9 months after year end
- Stricter rules on Company Names.
- Director may file a service address (which may be the same as their residential address or the registered office) which will be on the public record rather than their residential address.
- Introduction of a Single Alternative Inspection Location (SAIL)
- Introduction of a Statement of Capital
- Changes to some of the forms.
For further information, visit the Companies House website